A downloadable vertical slice for Windows
Caution: game contains bloom, rapid changes in lightness/darkness and prominent particle effects that may not be good for photosensitive folks.
A game developed from February to May 2022 by team Obligatory Pun Taytle, for an Abertay University assignment. Developed in Unreal Engine 4.26.
Currently features one level as a vertical slice of mechanics.
Somewhere in the world, in a draconian office complex, a non-tech-savvy worker clicked on a bad link and installed a bunch of malware. These viruses were so bad, they used the printers and fax machines to print themselves and escape the computers, before wreaking havoc across the whole office and destroying everything!
In Corporate Viruses, you play as the IT technician sent in to sort out this mess. You don't have a gun (why would you??), so to destroy the internet-inspired Meoware and Trojans you run around and pick up whatever you can find around the office:
- Hidden wine bottle stashes?
- WASD - Move
- Mouse - Look / aim
- LMB / RMB - Pick up / throw items (for left/right hands)
- G - Drop last item
- ESC - Pause
- Ben Drake - Producer, Narrative & Sound Designer
- Katya Dix - Designer, Character & UI Design, 3D Modelling
- Harry Petch - Lead Programmer, Co-Mechanics Design, Git Lead
- Alice McGettigan - Level & Environment Designer, 3D Modelling, Tutorials
- Auryn Lynch - 3D Character Artist, VFX Design
- Riley McNeil - Concept Artist, 2D Artist, Tutorials
- Brendan Yim - 3D Art Support, Co-Mechanics Design
Sourced sound effects are credited in the game.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.